CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a masterful translation of the Bhagavad Gita , along with the Sanskrit original. A faithful rendition of the 2000-year-old 'Song Celestial', Bibek Debroy's translation resonates with the spirit of the original, while using modern idiom and language. He captures, verse by verse, the essence of this ancient philosophical poem, which debates eternal questions of right and wrong, action and consequence, and the conflicting nature of duty and love. The text stands by itself, complete and without interpolation, juxtaposed with the Sanskrit for easy reference; interpretation and explanation are tucked away as tes at the end.
- Author BiographyBibek Debroy is a professional economist educated in Presidency College (Kolkata), Delhi School of Economics and Trinity College (Cambridge). He has taught in colleges and universities (Kolkata, Pune) and management institutes (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) and worked in research organizations (National Council for Applied Economic Research, Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies) and for the government (Department of Economic Affairs). He has published academic papers and books and also written popular articles as a columnist (Business Today, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express, Telegraph). His special interests are trade, law and the political economy of reforms. But beyond economics, Bibek Debroy has earlier (with his wife) written a book on the Ramayana and the Mahabharata and published abridged translations of the four Vedas, the eleven major Upanishads and the nineteen major Puranas. His papers on Indology have been published in Annals of the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute.
- PublisherPenguin Books India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2005
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPenguin Books India
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Translated byBibek Debroy
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.