Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the Bhagavad-Gita? Is it just a religious text? When was it composed? How relevant is it to the modern world? This book answers these foundational questions and goes beyond. It critically examines the Bhagavad-Gita in terms of its liberal, humanist and inclusive appeal, bringing out its significance for the present times and vel applications. The author elaborates the philosophy underlying the text as also its ethical, spiritual and moral implications. He also responds to criticisms that have been levelled against the text by Ambedkar, D. D. Kosambi, and more recently, Amartya Sen. The volume proposes unique bearings of the text in diverse fields such as business & management and scientific research. Eclectic and accessible, this work will be of interest to scholars of philosophy, religion, history, business & management studies as well as the general reader.
- Author BiographyM. V. Nadkarni is presently Honorary Visiting Professor at the Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bengaluru, and a Member of the Governing Body at the Centre for Multi-disciplinary Development Research (CMDR), Dharwad, Karnataka, India. An economist by professional training, with specialisation in agricultural and ecological/environmental economics, he is actively interested in development economics, political economy, history, sociology, philosophy, ethics, religion and Gandhian Studies. He was the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) National Fellow for two years (2002-04) and Vice Chancellor of Gulbarga University, Karnataka, India from 1999 to 2002.
- Author(s)M. V. Nadkarni
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight730 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.