All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionDoes the bible justify Zionism? Since the foundation of the Israeli state in 1948, Torah and tank have become increasingly inseparable, resulting in the forced expulsion and subjugation of millions of indigeus Palestinians. Nur Masalha's groundbreaking new book traces Zionism's evolution from a secular, settler movement in the late 19th century, to the messianic faith it has become today. He shows how the biblical language of 'chosen people' and 'promised land' has been used by many Christian and Jewish Zionists as the 'title deeds' for Israel, justifying ethnic division and violence. With Edward Said, Masalha argues that a new politics of peace can only be achieved through a single, democratic state, which replaces religious zealotry with secular equality.
- Author BiographyNur Masalha is Reader in Religion and Politics, and Director of the Centre for Religion and History and the Holy Land Research Project, St Mary's University College, UK. He is Editor of Holy Land Studies: A Multidisciplinary Journal . His books include: Imperial Israel and the Palestinians (2000); and The Politics of Denial (2003).
- Author(s)Nur Masalha
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Weight585 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine153 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.