All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA crucial responsibility for Christian interpreters of Scripture, says Richard Bauckham, is to understand our contemporary context and to explore the Bible s relevance to it in ways that reflect serious critical engagement with that context. In this book Bauckham models how this task can be carried out. Bauckham calls for our reading of Scripture to lead us to greater engagement with critical issues in today s world, including globalization, environmental degradation, and widespread poverty. He works to bring biblical texts to bear on these contemporary realities through the Bible s metanarrative of God and the world, according to which God s purpose takes effect in the blessing and salvation and fulfillment of the world as his cherished creation.
- Author BiographyRichard Bauckham is professor emeritus of New Testament studies at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland, senior scholar at Ridley Hall, Cambridge, and a fellow of both the British Academy and the Royal Society of Edinburgh. His previous books include Jesus and the Eyewitnesses: The Gospels as Eyewitness Testimony and The Bible in Politics: How to Read the Bible Politically.
- Author(s)Dr Richard Bauckham
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight232 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.