All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work delineates the merits and demerits of selected major historical humanistic ethics with a view to showing the necessity of certain ethical absolutes t found in humanistic ethics. This is followed by an examination of the ancient Hebrew ethics, including the positive significance of the Decalogue for all times and peoples. An examination of Christian ethics as found in the New Testament follows, with special emphasis upon agapic love as the fulfillment of all legitimate ethical requirements upon humanity. A brief analysis of contemporary ethical situationism and its influence upon the thought and life style of society is considered. The book concludes with a chapter on certain current burning ethical issues.
- Author(s)Charles W Carter,R. Duane Thompson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1990
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 7: Theology & Religion
- Series Part/Volume Number79
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.