All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the only sure solution to the ongoing problems of our world-the biblical gospel of Jesus Christ. A variety of viewpoints are presented from our religious, political, and ecomic spectrums, but only the absolute truth of the gospel of Christ has the message that ultimately answers the most pressing questions and serious concerns of the human soul. The book is concerned with encouraging and helping church leaders bring spiritual renewal to their people through the biblical gospel. Chapter one explains what the gospel is and the importance of the Bible and shows how a limited number of biblical figures were used by the Lord to bring spiritual renewal to their people. Chapter two describes the profound transformation that the proclamation of the gospel had upon sixteenth-century England. The pernicious dangers of our current postmodern culture are examined in chapter three, along with the only effective solution-the proclamation and reception of the biblical gospel. Chapter four proposes a model for growth and transformation in Christ through the renewal of the clergy and laity. The book concludes that mankind's only hope for eternal security and truth is found in the gospel of Jesus Christ, as presented through the pages of the Bible. The book illustrates that regardless of time, place, or nationality, the gospel declaration alone has the power to change human beings from lives of sin and rebellion against God and one ather to lives filled with love and devotion to Jesus Christ and others. This book is designed to draw significant attention and interest to the churches' obligation and critical calling by God to present the Holy Scriptures in a loving and truthful way to congregations that will bring lasting change to the body of Christ. Only the gospel has the ability to renew and transform people from a life of sin and rebellion against God to a life of love, devotion, and service to Christ. Lives start to change and people begin to think, live, and act more like Christ. The promises and truths of the gospel bring to the believer eternal security, lasting peace, and unspeakable joy. What an extraordinary additive to everyday living! The faithful pastor is entrusted with God's Word to preach and teach absolute truth, which upon reception by the people brings repentance, forgiveness, salvation, and freedom. Ministers who are obedient to the gospel bring tremendous blessing and hope to their flocks. God's people are transformed and renewed and the kingdom of God is extended into a world desperately needing love and truth.
- Author BiographyThe Rev. Dr. Reid Hensarling has spent thirty-five years studying and teaching the Scriptures and preaching about Jesus Christ and spiritual renewal. He has served several Episcopal congregations over the past twenty years. Currently, he is ministering as Associate Rector at All Saints' Episcopal Church in Lakeland, Florida. Fr. Hensarling holds a Master of Arts from the University of Texas at Austin, a Master of Divinity from Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry, and a Doctor of Ministry from Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida.
- Author(s)Reid Hensarling
- PublisherWestbow Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestbow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight224 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.