The Big Book of Sherlock Holmes Stories by Vintage Crime/Black Lizard (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe biggest collection of Sherlock Holmes stories ever assembled! Arguably other character in history has been so enduringly popular as Sherlock Holmes.Ever since his first appearance, in Arthur Conan Doyle s 1887 vella A Study in Scarlet, readers have loved reading about him almost as much as writers have loved writing about him. Here, Otto Penzler collects eighty-three wonderful stories about Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, published over a span of more than a hundred years. Featuring pitch-perfect cases by acclaimed modern-day Sherlockians Leslie S. Klinger, Laurie R. King, Lyndsay Faye and Daniel Stashower; pastiches by literary luminaries both classic (P. G. Wodehouse, Dorothy B. Hughes, Kingsley Amis) and current (Anne Perry, Stephen King, Colin Dexter); and parodies by Conan Doyle s contemporaries A. A. Milne, James M. Barrie, and O. Henry, t to mention genre-bending cases by science-fiction greats Poul Anderson and Michael Moorcock. No matter if your favorite Holmes is Basil Rathbone, Jeremy Brett, Robert Downey, Jr., or Benedict Cumberbatch, whether you are a lifelong fan or only recently acquainted with the Great Detective, readers of all ages are sure to enjoy The Big Book of Sherlock Holmes Stories. Including- Over a century s worth of cases, from Conan Doyle s 1890s parodies of his own creation to Neil Gaiman s The Case of Death and Honey (2011)- Appearances by those other great detectives Hercule Poirot and C. Auguste Dupin- 15 Edgar Award winning authors and 5 Mystery Writers of America Grand Masters- Stories by Laurie R. King, Colin Dexter, Anthony Burgess, Anne Perry, Stephen King, P.G. Wodehouse, Kingsley Amis, and many, many more.
- Author BiographyOTTO PENZLERis the editor of twelve Vintage Crime/Black Lizard anthologies, including The Big Book of Pulps, The Big Book of Black Mask Stories, and, most recently, The Big Book of Locked-Room Mysteries. He lives in New York City, where he is the proprietor of The Mysterious Bookshop. From the Hardcover edition.
- PublisherVintage Crime/Black Lizard
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleVintage Crime/Black Lizard
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Crime/Black Lizard
- Weight1134 g
- Width175 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byOtto Penzler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.41
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.96
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $20.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.