Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $351.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $200.00+ AU $20.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ozpierre
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn August 1995 self-taught chef Heston Blumenthal opened the Fat Duck restaurant, which gained three Michelin stars in January 2004 when Heston was only thirty-seven-years old. In April 2005 the Fat Duck received worldwide recognition for its unique approach to gastromy and was proclaimed The Best Restaurant in the world by the 50 Best Academy of over 600 international food critics, journalists and chefs. This lavishly-illustrated, stunningly-designed, and gorgeously-photographed masterpiece will take you inside the head of the world's most maverick restaurateur. The Fat Duck Book will be carefully separated into the following three sections: Part I, History Heston's improbable background and the urthodox path he took to acheive his goal; his early ideas and early days running The Fat Duck, as well as his philosophy for what a food should be and what a chef's responsibility is in forwarding cuisine. Part II, Recipes For the first time ever, a large selection of recipes from the award-winning restaurant. Some are broken down into their many component parts, but they will remain very cheffy. Part III, Science The science of it all, the techlogy and implements that make the dishes work. Various food scientists and taste experts will contribute to this section. It will be a foodie's dream to open up The Fat Duck Book and discover just what goes on in the head of one of the world's most famous chefs. How did he come up with the idea to open The Fat Duck? What book made him fascinated with cooking and the idea of opening a restaurant? How does he make dishes involving cans of nitrous t just delicious, but even comforting? And just what are his plans for the future...
- Author BiographyChef Heston Blumenthal has been described as a culinary alchemist for his innovative style of cuisine. His work researches the molecular compounds of dishes so as to enable a greater understanding of taste and flavor. His restaurant The Fat Duck, in Bray, Berkshire, was awarded three Michelin stars in 2004, and voted the Best Restaurant in the World by an international panel of 500 culinary experts in Restaurant Magazine's list of the World's Best Restaurants 2005. Heston Blumenthal lives in Berkshire with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Heston Blumenthal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, figures
- Weight5284 g
- Width324 mm
- Height420 mm
- Spine80 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.