Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times bestseller Named one of The Ecomist s Books of the Year 2014 Named one of The Wall Street Journal s Top Ten Best Nonfiction Books of 2014 Kirkus Reviews Best Nonfiction Books of 2014 Forbes s Most Memorable Healthcare Book of 2014 Named a Best Food Book of 2014 by Mother Jones Named one of Library Journal's Best Books of 2014 In The Big Fat Surprise, investigative journalist Nina Teicholz reveals the unthinkable: that everything we thought we knew about dietary fat is wrong. She documents how the low-fat nutrition advice of the past sixty years has amounted to a vast uncontrolled experiment on the entire population, with disastrous consequences for our health. For decades, we have been told that the best possible diet involves cutting back on fat, especially saturated fat, and that if we are t getting healthier or thinner it must be because we are t trying hard eugh. But what if the low-fat diet is itself the problem? What if the very foods we ve been denying ourselves the creamy cheeses, the sizzling steaks are themselves the key to reversing the epidemics of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease? In this captivating, vibrant, and convincing narrative, based on a nine-year-long investigation, Teicholz shows how the misinformation about saturated fats took hold in the scientific community and the public imagination, and how recent findings have overturned these beliefs. She explains why the Mediterranean Diet is t the healthiest, and how we might be replacing trans fats with something even worse. This startling history demonstrates how nutrition science has gotten it so wrong: how overzealous researchers, through a combination of ego, bias, and premature institutional consensus, have allowed dangerous misrepresentations to become dietary dogma. With eye-opening scientific rigor, The Big Fat Surprise upends the conventional wisdom about all fats with the groundbreaking claim that more, t less, dietary fat including saturated fat is what leads to better health and wellness. Science shows that we have been needlessly avoiding meat, cheese, whole milk, and eggs for decades and that we can w, guilt-free, welcome these delicious foods back into our lives.
- Author(s)Nina Teicholz
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.