CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionRewned paleontologist Robert T. Bakker and award-winning paleoartist Luis V. Rey combine forces in this oversized picture book about the evolution of disaurs. From the conquest of land by di ancestor Acanthostega during the Devonian Period, through the mass die-off of disaurs at the end of the Cretaceous Period, Bakker and Rey take readers on a safari through time while paying subtle homage to the 1960 Giant Golden Book Disaurs and Other Prehistoric Reptiles that inspired them both as young diphiles. With stops along the way to look at monster bugs, ferocious fin-backs, fluffy disaurs, sea monsters and the 12-year-old girl who discovered them, disaur orchestras, tickling tyransaurs, and much, much more, this is a journey readers will never forget. It's a perfect gift for young disaur lovers--as well as adult fans of Dr. Bakker and Luis Rey!
- Author BiographyDR. ROBERT T. BAKKER is one of the most respected vertebrate paleontologists in the world. Often credited with starting the Dinosaur Rennaisance, he is Curator of Paleontology at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. LUIS V. REY is the winner of the 2008 Lazendorf PaleoArt Award--the most prestigious international award recognizing achievement in paleontological scientific illustration.
- Author(s)Dr Robert T Bakker
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width259 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Luis V Rey
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.