All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionOne smart book...delving deep into the history and implications of a daily act that dare t speak its name. Newsweek Bodily waste is common to all and as natural as breathing. We prefer t to talk about it, but we should even those of us who take care of our business in pristine, sanitary conditions. Disease spread by bodily waste kills more people worldwide every year than any other single cause of death. Even in the United States, nearly two million people have access to an indoor toilet, while the sewers of major cities worldwide are an infrastructure disaster waiting to happen. With razor-sharp wit and crusading urgency, mixing levity with gravity, Rose George's The Big Necessity breaks the silence, turning the taboo subject into a cause with the most serious of consequences.
- Author BiographyRose George is a freelance writer and journalist who regularly contributes to Slate, The Guardian, The Independent, and the Financial Times. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Rose George
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.