All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1905, radical labour groups came together to form the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW or Wobblies). The union was a huge presence in the labour movement, and wherever they went, they sang. These songs helped to recruit new memebers to the Wobblies' cause. Originally published in pocket size in The Little Red Songbook, these traditional labour songs are w brought together in their entirety, along with additional songs, rare artwork, personal recollections, discographies and more into this all-embracing Big Red Songbook!
- Author BiographyArchie Greenwas an American folklorist specializing in laborlore (defined as the special folklore of workers) and American folk music. Tom Morello is an original member of the rock bands Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave. Utah Phillipswas a labor organizer, folk singer, storyteller, poet, and the Golden Voice of the Great Southwest. David Roediger is Kendrick Babcock Chair of History at the University of Illinois. Franklin Rosemontwas an editor of many works and with Penelope Rosemont helmed the venerable radical publishing house the Charles H. Kerr Co. Salvatore Salerno isan author and a professor on the Community Faculty staff of Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Content Note1
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byDavid Roediger,Franklin Rosemont,Salvatore Salerno
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.