All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe human digestive system plays an important role in processing food in order to provide nutrients that the body can use. This well-illustrated text presents the basics of anatomy, physiology and disease of the human digestive system by answering a series of questions relevant to the various components of this system. For example, in studying the stomach, the following questions are examined: 1) Where is the stomach located? 2) What does the stomach look like? 3) What does the stomach do? 4) Where do gastric juices come from? 5) What causes ulcers? 6) What causes a stomach ache? and 7) What causes burping? Additionally, most chapters are filled with unusual trivia related to the part of the body being discussed. For example, there was a 42-year-old woman who complained of mild abdominal pain and had 2533 objects removed from her stomach, including 947 pins. The text provides a fun and interesting way to learn more about the digestive system. The text is ideal, whether you are looking for an entertaining and informative read on the workings of the human digestive tract or looking for a text or resource for biology or health classes.
- Author BiographyNicholas Prayson is a recent graduate of Case Western Reserve University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. He is currently a medical student at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Richard Prayson is the Section Head of Neuropathology in the Department of Anatomic Pathology at the Cleveland Clinic. He is also Director of Student Affairs at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine. He recently completed a Masters in Adult Education at Cleveland State University.
- Author(s)Nicholas F. Prayson,Richard A. Prayson
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight150 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.