The Biodynamic Food and Cookbook: Real Nutrition That Doesn't Cost the Earth by Wendy E. Cook (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.98+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiodynamics is about respect for nature, sustainability and spiritual ecology - but most of all it is about flavoursome, nutritious and enjoyable food! This is a book rich in information, beautifully illustrated and packed with healthy yet tasty recipes. It is a movement that is supported by top chefs, expert viniculturists and numerous celebrities. Even Prince Charles has introduced its methods at his Gloucestershire farm. Yet biodynamic agriculture had humble beginnings, far from the glitz of expensive city restaurants. In 1924 a small group gathered to hear the philosopher and scientist Rudolf Steiner give a series of lectures. At a time when industrial farming and mass production were on the rise, Steiner spoke of the qualitative aspects of food, and outlined an agricultural method founded on a holistic perception of nature. Illustrated with hundreds of full-colour photographs, The Biodynamic Food and Cookbook explains the principles behind biodynamics, and places it in the context of food and cooking throughout the ages. Wendy Cook takes us on a journey through the four seasons, presenting over 150 delicious recipes based on years of working with biodynamic nutrition. She studies the ethics of food, the foundations of a balanced diet, and conjures up the colour and vibrancy of Mallorca which has contributed so much to her personal approach. There are supplementary sections on breads, sauces, salads, sweets, drinks and much more.
- Author BiographyWENDY E. COOK studied art at Cambridge where she met the comedian Peter Cook and later became his wife. Wendy soon gained a reputation as a hostess at their London and New York homes; her guests were as likely to include John Lennon and Paul McCartney as Bernard Levin and Peter Ustinov. When their daughter Daisy became ill with asthma Wendy began a journey of discovery which included complementary treatments and alternative philosophies. She studied many disciplines, including Rudolf Steiner's approach to nutrition and agriculture. Having discovered how life-changing nutrition can be, she devoted herself to cooking and teaching in clinics, communities and schools.
- Author(s)Wendy E. Cook
- PublisherClairview Books
- Date of Publication22/03/2006
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationForest Row
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClairview Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width210 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.