Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe ermous popularity of all aspects of World War II over the last half century has produced thousands of books but single collection of biographies of American military and naval leaders during the war. This is the first definitive book containing biographical material on all of our country's generals and flag officers who served any active duty from December 7, 1941 to September 2, 1945. It includes general officers of the U.S. Army, the U.S. Air Force, the National Guard, and the U.S. Marine Corps and flag officers of the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Coast Guard. In addition to regular officers, it includes officers called to active duty from the Reserves, officers brought from retirement to temporary active duty, and officers promoted to high rank directly from civilian life. As the first and only definitive collection of all American generals and flag officers who served in World War II, the book will be a useful resource for both librarians and those interested in World War II.
- Author BiographyR. Manning Ancell, a former magazine publisher and broadcast journalist, is now an independent researcher and free-lance writer. He is the author of Who Will Lead? (Praeger, 1995). Christine M. Miller, formerly a director of admissions and professor, is now a free-lance writer. She received her PhD from Northwestern University.
- Author(s)Christine M. Miller,R.Manning Ancell
- Date of Publication16/04/1996
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1078 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.