All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough study of locomotion of living creatures, Akira Azuma has come to the conclusion that every creature is made and moves in a manner that is best suited to its environmental conditions. Thus, one purpose of this book is to shed light on the physical relationships among habitat, form or life, and mode of movement in living creatures. The text also reviews results of theoretical and empirical research carried out by various scientists over the years. Each of the two main parts of the book, Flying Dynamics and Swimming Dynamics , is written from the viewpoint of mechanics, specifically fluid dynamics, rather than from the viewpoint of physiology and ecology. Thus the chapters and sections are organized according to mechanical, t biological principles. However, Azuma hopes that the book will prove to be useful reference t only to engineers working and studying fluid and flight dynamics, but also for biologists using mechanical analyses to gain a better understanding of the behavior of animals and the mechanical functions of the body parts in relation to their forms and modes of locomotion.
- Author BiographyAzuma is Professor Emeritus of the University of Tokyo. He earned his PhD from the University of Tokyo. He was a Guest of Institute at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Visiting Professor at the University of Maryland. He is a member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and the American Helicopter Society.
- Author(s)Akira Azuma
- PublisherAmerican Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleAIAA Education Series
- Place of PublicationReston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1002 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.