All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an experienced nurse lecturer who also trained as a mental health nurse, this book explores the underlying biology associated with the pathology of mental health disorders and the related nervous system. Fully revised for this second edition, the text includes three new chapters on brain development,pharmacology and learning, behavioural and developmental disorders. Integrating up-to-date pharmacological and genetic kwledge with an understanding of environmental factors that impact on human biology, The Biological Basis of Mental Health Nursing covers topics including: * the physiology of neurotransmission and receptors * hormones and mental health * the biology of emotions, stress, anxiety and phobic states * the biology of substance abuse * the pharmacology of psychoactive drugs * developmental disorders * brain anatomy and development * the biology of behaviour * genetics and mental health * affective disorders: depression, mania and suicide * schizophrenia * autism and other syndromes * the ageing brain and dementia * degenerative diseases of the brain * epilepsy. Accessibly laid out, with many of diagrams, tables and key points at the end of each chapter, this is an essential text for mental health nursing students, practitioners and educators.
- Author BiographyWilliam T. Blows is Lecturer in Applied Biological Sciences at City University, London. He is also the author of The Biological Basis of Nursing: Clinical Observations and The Biological Basis of Nursing: Cancer.
- Author(s)William T. Blows
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date24/04/2016
- Content Note42 black & white tables
- Weight574 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.