Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors utilize their 50 years of combined experience in professional engagement with the behaviour and ecology of wild felids to draw together a unique network of the world's most respected and kwledgeable experts. For the first time, this inter-disciplinary research programme is brought together within a single volume. Beginning with a complete account of all 36 felid species, there follow 8 comprehensive review chapters that span all the topics most relevant to felid conservation science, including evolution and systematics, felid form and function, genetic applications, behavioural ecology, management of species that come into conflict with people and control of international trade in felid species, conservation tools/techniques, ex situ management, and felid diseases. 19 detailed case studies then delve deeply into syntheses of the very best species investigations worldwide, written by all the leading figures in the field. These chapters portray the unique attributes of the wild felids, describe their fascinating (and conflicting) relationship with humans, and create an unparalleled platform for future research and conservation measures. A final chapter analyses the requirements of, and inter-disciplinary approaches to, practical conservation with cutting-edge examples of conservation science and action that go far beyond the cat family.
- Author Biography
David Macdonald is Director of the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit in the Department of Zoology at Oxford University and is also the Senior Research Fellow in Wildlife Conservation at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford. He is also Professor of Wildlife Conservation at the University of Oxford.
Andrew Loveridge is a career wildlife biologist and conservationist. He is a member of the IUCN/SSC Canid Specialist Group and African Lion Working Group.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note180 line and 195 halftone illustrations
- Weight1691 g
- Width189 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAndrew Loveridge,David Macdonald
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.