About this product
- DescriptionThis is Les Murray's first new volume of poems since 2002's Poems the Size of Photographs. In it we find Murray at his near-miraculous best. The collection exhibits both Murray's unfailing grace as a writer and his ability to write in any voice, style and genre- there are story poems, word-plays, history - and myth-makings, aphoristic fragments and domestic portraits. The subjects of these poems range from Asperger's Syndrome to Germaine Greer to Japanese sword blades. As ever, Murray's evocation of the natural world is unparalleled in its inventiveness and virtuosity.
- Author BiographyHungarian born Les developed his love of football after emigrating to Australia as a refugee in 1957. Watching a replay of the classic 1960 European Cup Final, Les' enthusiasm for the world game was launched and hasn't waned since. Following moderate success as a semi-pro player, Les also found time to indulge in his second love - rock and roll - as the lead singer in a very hip ensemble, known as 'The Rubber Band', during the 1970s. Les has been a journalist since 1971. In his years with SBS television he has played a major role in developing the distinctiveness of sport programming on the network, and was executive producer of all of SBS' major football broadcasts. Internationally respected, Les was named him one of Sydney's ten most influential people in sport by the influential French sports daily, L'Equipe. Since 2004 Les has served on FIFA's Committee for Ethics and Fair Play. Currently Les is Head of Sports and hosts SBS' nightly bulletin Toyota World Sport, The World Game on Sundays and the network's athletics coverage.
- PrizesShortlisted for Age Book of the Year: Poetry 2006.
- Author(s)Les Murray
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Weight118 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $19.06Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.17
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.03Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.