All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.94Free postage
- AU $32.75Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionGetting an accurate diagsis is the first step toward reclaiming your life from bipolar disorder. But if you or someone you love is struggling with the frantic highs and crushing lows of this illness, there are still many hurdles to surmount at home, at work, and in daily life. You need current information and practical problem-solving advice you can count on. You've come to the right place. * How can you distinguish between early warning signs of bipolar mood swings and rmal ups and downs?* What medications are available, and what are their side effects?* What should you do when you find yourself escalating into mania or descending into depression?* How can you tell your coworkers about your illness without endangering your career?* If you have a family member with bipolar disorder, how can you provide constructive help and support? Trusted authority Dr. David J. Miklowitz offers straight talk, true stories, and proven strategies that can help you achieve greater balance and free yourself from out-of-control moods. The updated second edition of this bestselling guide has the latest facts on medications and therapy, an expanded discussion of parenting issues for bipolar adults, and a new chapter, For Women Only.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Miklowitz, PhD, is Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), School of Medicine, and Senior Clinical Researcher at Oxford University, UK. He directs the Integrative Study Center in Mood Disorders and the Child and Adolescent Mood Disorders Program at the UCLA Semel Institute. Dr. Miklowitz's numerous publications include the award-winning book for professionals Bipolar Disorder: A Family-Focused Treatment Approach. He lives with his wife in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)David J. Miklowitz
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication03/01/2011
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, charts
- Weight578 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.