All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the literary equivalent of buried treasure!The audiobook edition features a cast of celebrity narrators who bring these stories to life. Readers include: THE BIPPOLO SEED, narrated by Neil Patrick HarrisTHE RABBIT, THE BEAR, AND THE ZINNIGA-ZANNIGA, narrated by Anjelica HustonGUSTAV, THE GOLDFISH, narrated by Jason LeeTADD AND TODD, narrated by Joan CusackSTEAK, FOR SUPPER, narrated by Edward HerrmannTHE STRANGE SHIRT SPOT, narrated by William H. MacyTHE GREAT HENRY McBRIDE, narrated by Peter DinklageSeuss scholar/collector Charles D. Cohen has hunted down seven rarely seen stories by Dr. Seuss. Originally published in magazines between 1950 and 1951, they include The Bear, the Rabbit, and the Zinniga-Zanniga (about a rabbit who is saved from a bear with a single eyelash!); Gustav the Goldfish (an early, rhymed version of the Beginner Book A Fish Out of Water); Tadd and Todd (a tale passed down via photocopy to generations of twins); Steak for Supper (about fantastic creatures who follow a boy home in anticipation of a steak dinner); The Bippolo Seed (in which a scheming feline leads an incent duck to make a bad decision); The Strange Shirt Spot (the inspiration for the bathtub-ring scene in The Cat in the Hat Comes Back); and The Great Henry McBride (about a boy whose far-flung career fantasies are only bested by those of the real Dr. Seuss himself). In an introduction to the collection, Cohen explains the significance these seven stories have, t only as lost treasures, but as transitional stories in Dr. Seuss's career. With a color palette that has been enhanced beyond the limitations of the original magazines in which they appeared, this is a collection of stories that Seuss fan (whether scholar or second-grader) will want to miss!
- Author BiographyTheodor Seuss Geisel aka Dr. Seuss is, quite simply, one of the most beloved children s book authors of all time. The forty-four books he wrote and illustrated under the name Dr. Seuss (and others that he wrote but did not illustrate, including some under the pseudonyms Theo. LeSieg and Rosetta Stone) have been translated into thirty languages. Hundreds of millions of copies have found their way into homes and hearts around the world. Dr. Seuss s long list of awards includes Caldecott Honors for McElligot s Pool, If I Ran the Zoo, and Bartholomew and the Oobleck; the Pulitzer Prize; and eight honorary doctorates. Works based on his original stories have won three Oscars, three Emmys, three Grammys, and a Peabody.From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Dr Seuss
- PublisherListening Library
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintListening Library
- Weight91 g
- Width134 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Read byVarious,Neil Patrick Harris,Anjelica Huston,Jason Lee
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time60
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.20Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $18.92Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $15.19Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $46.22
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $41.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.