Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1973. Jim Kenway, a distinguished ornithologist and Second World War veteran, has just left his work at the Natural History Museum in New York, turned his back on his family and retreated to an island boathouse off the coast of Maine. His desires are simple: to be left alone with his cigarettes, gin and battered copy of Treasure Island, and to forget. Jim's solitude is shattered when Cadillac Baketi, a tall, ebullient and dazzlingly bright young woman from the Solomon Islands arrives on her way to study medicine at Yale University. Cadillac is the daughter of Tosca, an island scout Jim befriended during the war when they collected and skinned birds while spying on the Japanese. Jim curses the intrusion as he finds his thoughts catapulting back to his youth and a dark truth about his time in the Solomons. Yet it may be that Cadillac, from the Pacific islands Jim thought he'd left behind, can teach him to be human again.
- Author BiographyAlice Greenway is an American who grew up in Hong Kong. As the daughter of a foreign correspondent she also lived in Bangkok, Jerusalem and the United States. She now lives in Scotland with her family. Her first novel, White Ghost Girls, was longlisted for the 2006 Orange Prize.
- Author(s)Alice Greenway
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight441 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.