All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionU-il thinks he can fly, like his favourite cartoon character, Toto the Astroboy. His older sister, eleven-year-old U-mi, is doing her best to look after him since their mother died and their father deserted them. They've been shunted from one relative to the next, put up with a 'new mother', and endured their father's escalating violence, and w all they have are their well-meaning but unhelpful neighbours: the Moons, Landlady Grandma, the weightlifting Mr Yi and his squawking widow bird. U-mi does her best to care for her fragile younger brother, but her despair leads her to mimic her father's behaviour, abusing the one person closest to her...
- Author BiographyOh Jung-Hi was born in Seoul in 1947. The Korean War, the military dictatorship formed her infancy. In the 1970s, when modernisation was in full force, she began her career as a writer and is now an uncontested master of this genre of brief, dense prose, the quintessence of Korean literature.
- Author(s)Oh Jung-Hee
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTelegram Books
- Weight191 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.