All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Iberian Peninsula is one of Europe's most ornithologically varied regions offering a host of regional specialities. It includes famous birding hotspots such as the Coto Donana wetlands, mountaius areas such as the Picos de Europa and the Pyrenees, the Mediterranean cork and holm oak forests of the southwest, the migration crossroads of the Strait of Gibraltar and the steppe-like plains of Extremadura and Alentejo. Large numbers of birders from around Europe visit the region to see this wealth of winged wildlife, but to date there has been comprehensive regional avifauna in English. Birds of the Iberian Peninsula is a national avifauna that fills this gap in the ornithological literature. Full-colour throughout, the book begins with authoritative introductory chapters covering subjects such as geography, climate, habitats, the history of Iberian ornithology and the composition of the avifauna. The species accounts then cover every species recorded in mainland Spain, the Balearic Islands, Portugal, Gibraltar and Andorra, including the many vagrants. For each species there is detailed treatment of distribution - with maps of breeding and wintering ranges - habitat selection, population trends, historical and current status, migration and conservation.
- Author BiographyErnest Garcia is an author and editor from Gibraltar. Co-founder of the Gibraltar Natural History Society and current editor of the Gibraltar Bird Report, his previous books for Helm include the two Where to Watch guides to Spain. Ernest has been a member of the Sociedad Espanola de Ornitologia since the early 1970s, and he is a former member of the Iberian Peninsula rarities committee. Eduardo de Juana is one of Spain's best-known ornithologists. He is currently President of the SEO.
- Author(s)Eduardo de Juana,Ernest Garcia
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight1911 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.