All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Birth of Opal is the only book in the English speaking world that is devoted entirely to the topic of opal formation. It is a detailed investigative and enlightening account of the formation of opal both in nature and in the Lab. The investigation includes; the opal environment, Geography, Geology, Geochemistry, the decay cycle, soil reactions, the effect of salts and chemical reactions that result in The Birth of Opal. Outside of Russia, The Birth of Opal is the most complete book about opal genesis in the world. It is a world first in its class. It dispels the myths and mystery that has surrounded the formation of opal for centuries. All those who love gemstones, or geology and are fascinated by opal in particular or are curious about its true origins will finally find the answers in this book. It is a must have for Schools, Colleges, Universities, and Libraries everywhere. Get your copy w!
- Author BiographyHi! I am Richard Shepherd a 53 year old South Australian. This is my first book which has taken almost 10 years to write. My Interest in opal was sparked when I was a teen going to school. The explanation of opal formation in science class simply did not make sense. It was from this moment that I decided to do my own research and discover the real truth about opal origins. My research continued on and off all these years, culminating in this book. The Birth of Opal reveals both the natural and synthetic processes of opal genesis. It also covers the controversial Len Cram method revealing his secret electrolyte. I plan to use the finance raised by The Birth of Opal to change careers entering the field of Invention with the goal of producing Green Technology to help save the world, by reducing Global warming. Your support would be greatly appreciated. I am seeking a similar minded person as an investor type business partner, see pg 457 of the book.
- Author(s)MR Richard Colin Shepherd
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.