All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives readers a broad understanding of the Black Church in America and a sense of its uniqueness in the wider world. * Explores the history of the Black Church in America, its African roots, beliefs, practices, politics, and contemporary moral dilemmas * Argues that in the Black Church, individual and communal destiny are bound together * The author is a Priest in the Episcopal Church and teaches spirituality and Black Church studies at Duke University.
- Author BiographyMichael Battle served as Assistant Professor of Spirituality and Black Church Studies at Duke University and Rector of St. Ambrose Episcopal Church in Raleigh, North Carolina before moving to Virginia Theological Seminary. He was also Vice Chairman of the board of the Ghandi Institute. He is the author of The Church Enslaved: A Spirituality of Racial Reconciliation (2005), Reconciliation in a Violent World (2005) Blessed are the Peacemakers: A Christian Spirituality of Nonviolence (2004), The Wisdom of Desmond Tutu (1999) and Reconciliation: The Ubuntu Theology of Desmond Tutu (1997).
- Author(s)Michael Battle
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleReligious Life in America
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.