All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaymond Chandler's incomparable private eye is back, pulled by a seductive young heiress into the most difficult and dangerous case of his career It was one of those summer Tuesday afterons when you begin to wonder if the earth has stopped revolving. The telephone on my desk had the look of something that kws it's being watched. Traffic trickled by in the street below, and there were a few pedestrians, too, men in hats going where. So begins The Black-Eyed Blonde, a new vel featuring Philip Marlowe yes, that Philip Marlowe. Channeling Raymond Chandler, Benjamin Black has brought Marlowe back to life for a new adventure on the mean streets of Bay City, California. It is the early 1950s, Marlowe is as restless and lonely as ever, and business is a little slow. Then a new client is shown in: young, beautiful, and expensively dressed, she wants Marlowe to find her former lover, a man named Nico Peterson. Marlowe sets off on his search, but almost immediately discovers that Peterson's disappearance is merely the first in a series of bewildering events. Soon he is tangling with one of Bay City's richest families and developing a singular appreciation for how far they will go to protect their fortune.Only Benjamin Black, a modern master of the genre, could write a new Philip Marlowe detective vel that has all the panache and charm of the originals while delivering a story that is as sharp and fresh as today's best crime fiction.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Black is the pen name of the Man Booker Prize-winning novelist John Banville. The author of the bestselling and critically acclaimed series of Quirke novels including Christine Falls, Vengeance, and Holy Orders he lives in Dublin.
- Author(s)Benjamin Black
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitlePhilip Marlowe Novels
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Weight481 g
- Width161 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.