All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in an English suburb in the early 1990s, The Black Project is the story of Richard's allconsuming passion for creating 'girls' from household objects. But as his hobby begins to flourish, his real life friendships and family relationships deteriorate. Richard is an unreliable narrator, and the reader responds to his loneliness and his dogged attempt to find a companion, while being horrified by his warped creations. The vel's theme is that of adolescence, of the divide between childhood and adulthood; where sex, perversion, and the grotesque feature in their many forms.
- Author BiographyGARETH BROOKES is a fine artist and print maker. He studied Fine Art at the RCA, where he also took a creative writing course. He started making small press comics in 2006 and has since been self-publishing and working with small press groups such as Alternative Press and theComix Reader. This is his first book. He lives near Woking, Surrey.
- Author(s)Gareth Brookes
- PublisherMyriad Editions
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMyriad Editions
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.83New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $13.82Trending at AU $16.40
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $22.45
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.