All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll it took was one. One black swan changed people's minds forever. The Black Swan Effect presents a vision for what can happen as men and women work together in the Kingdom of God. The authors (both male and female) encourage men to champion women as equal co-laborers and partners in the harvest. They give women permission and inspiration to follow the Lord-to reach their own full potential and encourage others to fulfill God's call. The Black Swan Effect equips both men and women to bring an informed and positive contribution to the increasingly crucial conversation on gender in the church. If you are like most Christians, one of three primary motivations propels you into this discussion about women in ministry: Many Christians have come to the conclusion that there is better way to increase the size of God's missions workforce than to fully deploy women to use their spiritual gifts and God-given capacities. Some are asking theological questions. They are investigating how the Bible portrays women, especially women leaders. How did Jesus treat women? Were the New Testament writers-in particular, the apostle Paul-misogynists? Are there alternative interpretations for some of the really difficult passages of Scripture? Others are drawn to this discussion because of issues related to justice and human dignity around the world as well as in the church. As they study Scripture, they are assured that God creates all men and women in his image, and they can't even imagine a God who would discriminate against women. Fourteen different authors contribute to these themes, each writing from their own area of passion and expertise, the whole being woven together into a single narrative. Encouraging stories of women who are doing marvelous things for God today accompany each chapter. Change is coming! Let's get ready.
- Author BiographyFelicity Dale received her medical training at Barts Hospital in London, and worked as a family doctor before leaving to look after her own family of four children. In 1987, the Dales moved to the United States where they developed businesses to support themselves, and jumped heart-first into church planting. They helped to found House2House, an organization that equips the simple/organic/house church movement around the world. Felicity has authored Getting Started and An Army of Ordinary People, and, with Tony and George Barna, is co-author of Small is Big! Felicity's interest in the topic of women began back in the UK where she was restricted in her gifting as a strategic thinker in the church because of her gender. This led to a decades long pursuit of the Biblical truth about women in ministry. She writes and blogs frequently about women in the Kingdom of God. The co-authors of this book include a team of men and women, all of whom have a passion to see women released and partnering with men for the harvest. Between them, they have authored more than 50 books.
- Author(s)Felicity Dale,Neil Cole,Peggy Batcheller-Hijar
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.