All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of the critically acclaimed dictionary originally published in 1989 adds more than 300 new entries and amplifies over 1000 others. The Blackfoot Dictionary is a comprehensive guide to the vocabulary of Blackfoot, an Algonquian language spoken by thousands in Alberta and Montana. It contains more than 4,000 Blackfoot-English entries and an English index of more than 5,000 entries, and provides thorough coverage of cultural terms. The transcription uses an official, technically accurate alphabet and the authors have classified entries and selected examples based on more than 25 years of research.
- Author BiographyDonald G. Frantz is a professor of Native American Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Science at the University of Lethbridge. Norma Jean Russell is a graduate of the Native American Studies program at University of Lethbridge, and is a native speaker of Blackfoot.
- Author(s)Donald G. Frantz,Norma Jean Russell
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication29/09/1995
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleHeritage
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight800 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.