Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis companion brings together new contributions from internationally rewned scholars in order to examine the past, present, and future of Protestantism. The volume opens with an investigation into the formation of Protestant identity, looking at its historical development across Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia, and Africa. This section includes coverage of leading Protestant thinkers, such as Luther, Calvin, Schleiermacher, and Barth. The companion then goes on to consider the interaction of Protestantism with different areas of modern life, including the arts, politics, the law, and science. The editors and contributors take seriously the shift in Protestantism from a predominantly North Atlantic perspective to a more global reality. A final section looks to the future of Protestantism, debating what will happen to both Western and n-Western Protestant movements.
- Author BiographyAlister E. McGrath is Professor of Historical Theology at Oxford University, and Senior Research Fellow at Harris Manchester College, Oxford. He is a world-renowned theologian, and is the author of numerous bestselling titles available through Blackwell Publishing, including Christian Theology: An Introduction (4th edition, 2007), Christian Theology Reader (3rd edition, 2007), and Dawkins' God (2005). Darren C. Marks is Assistant Professor of Theology and Religious Studies at Huron University College and in the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Western Ontario. He is the author of numerous articles in systematic theology and Canadian ecclesiastical history, and is the editor of Shaping a Global Theological Mind (2007) and the forthcoming Justifying God: A Theology of Sin.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2003
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1090 g
- Width179 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byAlister E. McGrath,Asst Prof. Darren C. Marks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.