All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by leading experts in the field, The Blackwell Guide to Research Methods in Bilingualism and Multilingualism focuses on the methodology of research in this rapidly growing field. * Highlights the interdisciplinary nature of research on bilingualism and multilingualism and offers a practical guide to the specific procedures and tools for collecting and analyzing data * Specifically addresses methodological issues, discussing research topics, core concepts and approaches, and the methods, techniques and tools available * Provides project ideas and practical advice on conference presentations and publication * Brings together a team of leading international experts in the field * Links theory to method, and to data, answering the market need for a volume on bilingualism and multilingualism that deals with its methodology in a systematic and coherent way.
- Author BiographyLi Wei is Professor of Applied Linguistics at Birkbeck, University of London. He is editor of the International Journal of Bilingualism and author/editor of numerous books and articles, including Three Generations, Two Languages, One Family (1994), The Bilingualism Reader (2000), and The Handbook of Multilingualism and Multilingual Communication (2007, with Peter Auer). Melissa G. Moyer is Associate Professor of English Linguistics at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona. Her current research and publications are concerned with migration and the management of multilingualism. She is author of the award winning book La carcel de las palabras: Ensayo sobre el lenguaje y la desigualdad social (1988, with J. M. de Miguel).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2008
- Series TitleGuides to Research Methods in Language and Linguistics
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight732 g
- Width168 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLi Wei,Melissa Moyer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.