All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor George Jochwitz and his daughter Miriam were teaching in China at the time of the Tiananmen Massacre in 1989. The experience drastically changed the author's way of thinking about Marxism. Professor Jochwitz saw that the rulers of China were acting in the spirit of Karl Marx, whose writing logically led to dictatorship and famine. Many people have expressed negative views about communism. Some have harsh words for Marxism as well. Almost body, however, will take the next step and relate the cruelty of Marxism to the words of Marx. Living and teaching in China led Professor Jochwitz to cross this line and examine his experience and new outlook in The Blessed Human Race. Having crossed this political line, Professor Jochwitz crossed others as well. His thoughts about faith of any sort, religious or political, became negative. The idea of justification through faith became morally offensive. He concluded that this world has too many idols that go unquestioned. Questioning major and mir taboos, including interpretation of works of music as well as politics and religion, he concludes that the human race's virtue is found in questioning rather than obedience.
- Author BiographyGeorge Jochnowitz is a professor emeritus of linguistics whose specialty is Jewish languages, in particular the dialects of the Jews of Italy and southern France. He taught for many years at the College of Staten Island, CUNY, and was an exchange professor at Hebei University in Baoding, China, during the spring semesters of 1984 and 1989. His interests range far and wide, and include politics, music, the Bible, and humanity itself. He and his beautiful wife, Carol, have two beautiful daughters and a beautiful grandson.
- Author(s)George Jochnowitz
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/05/2007
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.