All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concordance is a complete wordlist of the Blickling homiletic texts, which date from the late 10th century, making them one of the earliest examples of prose writings in English. Each word is cited in standard dictionary form, expanded grammatically and referenced by line and page number to R.J. Kelly's edition and translation of the Blickling Homilies also published by Continuum. Important features of this concordance include quick and straightforawrd cross-referencing to the homiletic texts; identifying words from earlier Anglo-Saxon dialects; and the correction of scribal errors.
- Author BiographyRichard J. Kelly is a Professor at the Faculty of Cross-Cultural Studies, Kobe University, Japan and the author of a number of books including The Blickling Homilies: Edition and Translation (2003) which is one of the earliest extant examples of prose writing in English. He has a keen interest in issues of social justice and how they have been dealt with and articulated down through the ages to the present time. He is also a visiting professor at the Faculty of Language and Culture, Osaka University, Japan.
- Author(s)Richard J. Kelly
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight454 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.