All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems in The Blind Stitch interweave family, marriage, love and friendship into a larger world of public life. Set in Delanty's native Cork, and in America and India, the book is sewn together with two main conceits. One is that of the leper, which concerns personal and public suffering and complicity; the other is that of needlework, threads that run through our public and private lives, seen and unseen, stitching us all together.
- Author BiographyGreg Delanty was born in Cork City, Ireland in 1958. Since 1986 he has spent most of his time in Vermont where he teaches at St. Michael's College. Delanty has received numerous awards including the Austin Clarke Centenary Poetry Award (1997) and a Guggenheim Fellowship (2008). He was granted an Irish Arts Council Bursary and is a past president of The Association of Literary Scholars, Critics and Writers.
- Author(s)Greg Delanty
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleOxford Poets S.
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight85 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.