All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionPete has never even heard of Clydebank in Scotland, but when his dad finds a new job at last, Pete finds himself leaving his home in London overnight. There are advantages to his new life, including a massive new bedroom and his first ever garden, complete with a real-life bomb shelter. He'd even be ok with the sound of the girl next door crying all the time -- except that there is house next door...Pete makes two new friends: Dunny, who kws all about the Second World War, and Beth, the girl next door who somehow seems to come from it. He slowly realises that Beth has returned from the 1940s for a reason. But does Pete have the courage to step into the past to solve a mystery that's over seventy years old? Critically acclaimed children's author Cathy Forde presents a vivid adventure story based on the events of the Clydebank Blitz of 1941.
- Author BiographyCathy Forde is a prolific Scottish writer, who worked as a secondary-school English teacher before becoming an author. Her best-known book is Fat Boy Swim, which won the Grampian Award. She teaches creative writing workshops and was a writer-in-residence at Scottish Book Trust.
- Author(s)Cathy Forde
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleKelpies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight175 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.