All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis international collaborative project on G. W. F. Hegel's philosophy includes contributions by eighteen scholars of 18th to 20th century philosophy. It will be an essential reference tool for students and scholars of modern philosophic thought in general and of 19th century German thought in particular. The first part of the volume examines Hegel's early writings up to and including the 1807 Phemelogy of Spirit. The second part is devoted to Hegel's major mature works and lectures as well as to the primary themes of his system of philosophy. It opens with a comprehensive account of Hegel's Science of Logic followed by detailed treatments of the Philosophy of Nature and the Philosophy of Spirit from the Encyclopaedia of Philosophical Sciences. Three further parts of this volume investigate key concepts and interpretive issues, paradigmatic forms of Hegelian argumentation, and main lines of Hegel's influence since the mid-19th century. The volume contains chrologies of Hegel's life and works, a bibliography of primary and secondary sources and an analytical index.
- Author BiographyAllegra de Laurentiis is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York-Stony Brook. Her previous publications include Subjects in the Ancient and Modern World: On Hegel's Theory of Subjectivity (2005). Jeffrey Edwards is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York-Stony Brook. His previous publications include Substance, Force and the Possibility of Knowledge: On Kant's Philosophy of Material Nature (2000).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight653 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byProfessor Allegra De Laurentiis,Professor Jeffrey Edwards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.