Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published as the Continuum Companion to Historical Linguistics, this book brings together a number of leading scholars who provide a combination of different approaches to current and new issues in historical linguistics, while supplying an exhaustive and up-to-date coverage of sub-fields traditionally regarded as central to historical linguistics research. The editors aim to build a solid background for further discussion and to indicate directions for new research on relevant open questions. The book includes coverage of key terms, a list of resources, and sections on: - history of research- methodology- phology- morphology- grammatical categories- syntax- grammaticalization- semantics - etymology- language contact- sociolinguistics- causes of language change It is a complete resource for researchers working on historical linguistics.
- Author BiographySilvia Luraghi is Associate Professor of Linguistics at the University of Pavia, Italy. Vit Bubenik is Professor of Linguistics at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- Series TitleBloomsbury Companions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited bySilvia Luraghi,Vit Bubenik
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.