All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Hobbes (1588-1679) is widely held to be one of the most important thinkers in the history of philosophy. His contributions to ethics, political philosophy and psychology in particular were hugely invative and he was regarded by his contemporaries as a major intellectual figure. This accessible guide to Hobbes's life and work features 120 specially commissioned entries written by a team of leading experts in the field of seventeenth-century philosophy and political thought, covering every aspect of Hobbes's ideas. The Companion presents a comprehensive overview of the major themes and topics in Hobbes's work, in particular within the fields of language, political philosophy, moral philosophy and psychology, religion, law and science. It concludes with a thoroughly comprehensive bibliography of primary and secondary sources. This is an essential reference tool for anyone working in the fields of seventeenth-century philosophy and political theory.
- Author BiographyS.A. Lloyd is Professor of Philosophy, Law and Political Science at the University of Southern California, USA. She is the author of Ideals as Interests in Hobbes's Leviathan (CUP, 1992) and Morality in the Philosophy of Thomas Hobbes (CUP, 2009).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight549 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byS. A. Lloyd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.