All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImmanuel Kant is widely considered to be the most important and influential thinker of modern Europe and the late Enlightenment. His philosophy is extraordinarily wide-ranging and his influence has been pervasive throughout eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth-century thought, in particular in the work of the German Idealists, and also in both Analytic and Continental philosophy today. Now available as a new and expanded edition in paperback, this accessible companion to Kant features more than 100 specially commissioned entries, written by a team of experts in the field, covering every aspect of his philosophy. The Bloomsbury Companion to Kant presents a comprehensive overview of the historical and philosophical context in which Kant wrote and the various features, themes and topics apparent in his thought. It also includes extensive sypses of all his major published works and a survey of the key lines of reception and influence including a new addition on Schopenhauer's reception of Kant. It concludes with a thorough bibliography of English language secondary literature, w expanded for this edition to include all cutting-edge publications in the area. This is an essential and practical research tool for those working in the field of eighteenth-century German philosophy and Kant.
- Author BiographyGary Banham (1965-2013) was the Managing Editor of Kant Studies Online, an independent philosopher and Author of Kant's Transcendental Imagination (2006), Kant's Practical Philosophy (2003) and Kant and the Ends of Aesthetics (2000). Dennis Schulting was Assistant Professor of Metaphysics and the History of Philosophy at the University of Amsterdam from 2006 to 2011. He is now an independent scholar. He is the author of Kant's Deduction and Apperception (2012) and editor of Kant's Idealism (2011). Nigel Hems is a Lecturer in Philosophy at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- Series TitleBloomsbury Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight732 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byDennis Schulting,Gary Banham,Nigel Hems
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.