All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bloomsbury Companion To Phonetics is designed to be the essential one-volume resource. It gives an overview of key areas in phonetics. It offers a survey of current research areas and new directions in the field as well as featuring a manageable guide to beginning or developing research. The book gives readers practical guidance for study in the area. The volume covers all the most important issues, concepts, movements and approaches in the field, looking at both the core and applied domains of phonetics and speech science. It offers insights into areas as diverse as the acquisition, production and perception of speech, and clinical and forensic phonetics. There is a state of the art exploration of voice and phonation, tone and intonation, phonetic pedagogy, speech techlogy and phonetic universals.
- Author BiographyMark Jones is Lecturer in Phonetics at City University London, UK. Rachael-Anne Knight is Senior Lecturer in Phonetics at City University London, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- Series TitleBloomsbury Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMark J. Jones,Rachael-Anne Knight
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.