The Blue Book on Information Age Inquiry, Instruction and Literacy by Leslie B. Preddy, Daniel J. Callison (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on many years of columns from School Library Media Activities Monthly, this book presents key terms in a working theoretical model that may be used in developing and understanding the power of information inquiry in instruction. Authors Daniel Callison and Leslie Preddy have provided the new definitive work on information inquiry and information literacy instruction. New columns from School Library Media Activities Monthly are included and new Key Words for Instruction are introduced. An entirely new section on Inquiry has also been added and the book's section of resources and websites has been updated. This book is both a revision and an update to Key Words, Concepts and Methods for Information Age Instruction. The entirely new Key Words for Instruction have immediate value for staff development purposes as reproducibles, for building year-long study group programs in schools and libraries, or as weekly discussion handouts. In addition to the invaluable theoretical base, the authors include much practical instructional application for immediate use, thoughtfully blending theory with real-world education and library science. Their book provides readers with insights into the tremendous role of the school library media specialist as both a teacher and a librarian who needs to understand, interpret, and instruct students in the skill of inquiry-the basis of all learning. This is a basic purchase for all library and information literacy programs K-12 as well as for school library educators.
- Author BiographyDaniel Callison is a professor at Indiana University. Leslie Preddy has been a library media specialist since 1992. She is a recipient of the Lilly Teacher Creativity Fellowship, American Association of School Librarian's Collaborative School Library Media Award, Indiana Library Federation-Association for Indiana Media Educators Peggy L. Pfeiffer Service Award and is a past General Chair of the Indiana Young Hoosier Book Award Program and past president of the Association for Indiana Media Educators. She has published articles for School Library Media Activities Monthly, Knowledge Quest on the Web, and Indiana Principal's Leadership Academy.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Callison,Leslie B. Preddy
- Date of Publication30/09/2006
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note2 halftones, 62 figures, 18 tables, 51 line drawings
- Weight1810 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $26.25Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.90
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.