All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE BLUEST EYE chronicles the tragic, torn lives of a poor black family in 1940s Ohio: Pauline, Cholly, Sam and Pecola. Pecola, unlovely and unloved, prays each night for blue eyes like those of her privileged blond white schoolfellows. She becomes the focus of the mingled love and hatred engendered by her family's frailty and the world's cruelty as the vel moves toward a savage but poignant resolution.
- Author BiographyToni Morrison is Robert F. Goheen Professor at Princeton University. She has written seven novels, the most recent of which is A Mercy and has received the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Pulitzer Prize. She won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1993.
- Author(s)Toni Morrison
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/03/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight173 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.