All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstantly acquire all the kwledge you need to pass as an expert in the world of opera. Never again confuse a castrato with a contralto, a prima donna with sopratitoli, or O Sole Mio with an ice cream advert. Bask in the admiration of your fellow opera lovers as you prounce confidently on the merits of Donizetti's bel canto over Wagner's leitmotiv, and hold your own against the most sneering of opera buffs.
- Author BiographyKeith Hann grew up in a household devoted to the music of the two Maxes, Jaffa and Bygraves, but luckily introduced himself to opera shortly before leaving school. Over the last 40 years he has watched the curtain rise on more than 1,000 operatic performances, and waited until it fell on 997 of them. In order to fund this addiction, he has been variously employed as an unsuccessful stockbroker and an incompetent but occasionally entertaining public relations consultant.
- Author(s)Keith Hann
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleBluffer's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 colour illustrations
- Width110 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,With flaps
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.