Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Boat takes us from a tourist in Tehran to a teenage hit man in Colombia; from an aging New York artist to a boy coming of age in a small Victorian fishing town; from the city of Hiroshima just before the bomb is dropped to the haunting waste of the South China Sea in the wake of ather war. Each story uncovers a raw human truth. Each story is as absorbing and fully realised as a vel. Together, they make up a collection of astonishing diversity and achievement.
- Author BiographyNam Le's first book, The Boat, received the Australian Prime Minister's Literary Award, the Melbourne Prize (Best Writing Award), the Dylan Thomas Prize, the Anisfield-Wolf Book Award and the PEN/Malamud Award, among other honours. It was selected as a New York Times Notable Book and Editor's Choice, the best debut of 2008 by the Australian Book Review and New York Magazine, and a book of the year by The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian, The Herald Sun, The Monthly, and numerous sources around the world. The Boat has been translated into thirteen languages and its stories widely anthologised. Le is the fiction editor of the Harvard Review.
- Author(s)Nam Le
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication20/11/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitlePenguin Australian Classics
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight570 g
- Width136 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.