All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dazzling, emotionally riveting debut collection: the seven stories in Nam Le's The Boat take us across the globe as he enters the hearts and minds of characters from all over the world. Whether Nam Le is conjuring the story of 14-year-old Juan, a hit man in Colombia; or an aging painter mourning the death of his much-younger lover; or a young refugee fleeing Vietnam, crammed in the ship's hold with 200 others, the result is unexpectedly moving and powerful. This is an extraordinary work of fiction that takes us to the heart of what it means to be human, and anunces a writer of astonishing talent
- Author BiographyNam Le was born in Vietnam and raised in Australia. He has received the Pushcart Prize, the Michener-Copernicus Society of America Award, and fellowships from the Iowa Writers' Workshop, the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, and Phillips Exeter Academy. His fiction has been appeared in venues including Best Australian Stories, Best New American Voices, Best American Nonrequired Reading, Zoetrope, Conjunctions, A Public Space, and NPR's Selected Shorts.
- PrizesWinner of NSW Premier's Literary Award Book of the Year 2009 and NSW Premier's Literary Awards: UTS Glenda Adams Award for New Writing 2009 and Dylan Thomas Prize 2008. Shortlisted for Nielsen BookData/ABA Book of the Year Award - Booksellers' Choice 2009. Long-listed for Frank O'Connor International Short Story Award 2008.
- Author(s)Nam Le
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2009
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.86Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.