All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $26.01Free postage
- AU $26.21Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA fierce and complicated man wakes from a fever dream compelled to build a boat and sail away from the isolated island where he was born. Encountering the wider world for the first time, the reluctant hero falls into a destructive love affair, is swept up into a fanatical religious movement, and finds himself a witness to racial hatred unlike anything he's ever kwn. The boatmaker is tempted, beaten, and betrayed: his journey marked by chilling episodes of violence and horror while he struggles to summon the strength to make his own way. The Boatmaker is a fable for our times, a passionate love story, and an odyssey of self-discovery.
- Author BiographyAs an undergraduate at Swarthmore College, John Benditt studied with Adrienne Rich and was awarded the John Russell Hayes Poetry Prize by Robert Creeley. Over time the emphasis of his writing shifted from poetry to prose-poetry and then to fiction. His journalistic career began at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and Philadelphia Evening Bulletin. As an editor at Scientific American, he was responsible for conceiving and editing the magazine's 1988 single-topic issue on AIDS. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)John Benditt
- PublisherTin House Books
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTin House Books
- Out-of-print date26/08/2015
- Weight457 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsRough front
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.