All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent debates about uses and abuses of the human body in medicine have highlighted the need for a thorough discussion of the ethics of the uses of bodies, both living and dead. Thorough and comprehensive, this volume explores different views of the significance of the human body and contrasting those which regard it as a commodity or personal possession with those which stress its moral value as integral to the personal identity of individuals. The Body in Bioethics addresses a number of key questions including: * Should it be legal to sell human organs for transplantation? * Are public displays of plastinated bodies or public autopsies morally justifiable? * Should there be restrictions on the uses of human tissue in teaching and research? * Is the rapid increase in volume and range of cosmetic surgery a matter for moral concern? This careful study of moral values provides essential background to many of the current controversies in medical ethics and is essential reading for all students of law, medical law and medical ethics.
- Author BiographyAlastair V. Campbell is Professor Emeritus of Ethics in Medicine at the University of Bristol. He is founding editor of the Journal of Medical Ethics, a past President of the International Association of Bioethics and the author of ten books and numerous articles in the field. He is currently Chen Su Lan Centennial Chair in Medical Ethics at the National University of Singapore.
- Author(s)Alastair V. Campbell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleBiomedical Law & Ethics Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.