Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.92Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bog Baby is a magical story by Jeanne Willis and Gwen Millward. When two small sisters go fishing to the magic pond, they find something much better than a frog or a newt. They find a bog baby. Small and blue with wings like a dragon, the girls decide to make him their secret. I won't tell if you won't. But the bog baby is a wild thing, and when he becomes poorly, the girls decide they must tell their mum. And she tells them the greatest lesson: if you really love something, you have to let it go. Jeanne wrote her first book when she was five years old and hasn't stopped writing since. She has w written over eighty titles, including picture books, vels and television scripts. She has also won numerous awards, including the Children's Book Award, the Sheffield Children's Book Award and the Silver Smarties Prize. Her teen vel, Naked Without a Hat , was shortlisted for the Whitbread Award in 2004. She often takes inspiration from dreams and interesting conversations with strangers. Gwen Millward studied illustration in Edinburgh and w spends all of her time painting and writing stories for children about her favourite subject, beasts. Her first book for Puffin, Guess What I Found in Dragon Wood , published in April 2007. Other wonderful books by either of the two include: The King of Tiny Things ; Guess what I found in Dragon Wood ; Happy Birthday in Dragon Wood ; Sing a Song of Bottoms ; Bottoms Up! ; Silly Cecil and Clever Cubs ; The Wheels on the Bus ; Delilah Darling is in the Library ; There's an Ouch in my Pouch! ; Who's in the Loo? ; The Monster Bed ; Tadpole's Promise ; and, The Beasties .
- Author BiographyGwen Millward studied illustration in Edinburgh and now spends all her time painting and writing stories for children about her favourite subject - beasts.
- PrizesWinner of Booktrust Early Years Award: Pre-school Award 2008.
- Author(s)Jeanne Willis
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight164 g
- Width216 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gwen Millward
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.