Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs compelling as Tan s first bestseller, The Joy Luck Club. . . No one writes about mothers and daughters with more empathy than Amy Tan. The Philadelphia Inquirer [An] absorbing tale of the mother-daughter bond . . . this book sing[s] with emotion and insight. People Ruth Young and her widowed mother, LuLing, have always had a tumultuous relationship. Now, before she succumbs to forgetfulness, LuLing gives Ruth some of her writings, which reveal a side of LuLing that Ruth has never kwn. . . . In a remote mountain village where ghosts and tradition rule, LuLing grows up in the care of her mute Precious Auntie as the family endures a curse laid upon a relative kwn as the bonesetter. When headstrong LuLing rejects the marriage proposal of the coffinmaker, a shocking series of events are set in motion all of which lead back to Ruth and LuLing in modern San Francisco. The truth that Ruth learns from her mother s past will forever change her perception of family, love, and forgiveness. A strong vel, filled with idiosyncratic, sympathetic characters; haunting images; historical complexity; significant contemporary themes; and suspenseful mystery. Los Angeles Times For Tan, the true keeper of memory is language, and so the vel is layered with stories that have been written down by mothers for their daughters, passing along secrets that cant be said out loud but must t be forgotten. The New York Times Book Review Tan at her best . . . rich and hauntingly forlorn . . . The writing is so exacting and unique in its detail. San Francisco Chronicle
- Author BiographyAmy Tan is the author of The Joy Luck Club, The Kitchen God s Wife, The Hundred Secret Senses, and two children s books, The Moon Lady and The Chinese Siamese Cat, which has been adapted as Sagwa, a PBS series for children. Tan was also the co-producer and co-screenwriter of the film version of The Joy Luck Club, and her essays and stories have appeared in numerous magazines and anthologies. Her work has been translated into more than twenty-five languages. Tan, who has a master s degree in linguistics from San Jose University, has worked as a language specialist to programs serving children with developmental disabilities. She lives with her husband in San Francisco and New York.
- Author(s)Amy Tan
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleBallantine Reader's Circle
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.